The following are the Ontario Secondary School Requirements for a Diploma.
- French as 2nd Language (see NOTE 1 below)
- Canadian Geography
- Arts (Dance, Drama, Media, Music, Visual Arts)
- Health & Physical Education
- Career Studies
- 3 other credits (see Note 2 below)
- Total Compulsory Credits
- Elective Credits
- Total Credits Required
- 40 hours community involvement activities
- Successful completion of the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Diploma Requirement
Students who have taken Native Language instead of French as a Second Language in elementary school may substitute Native Language courses (NL1 or NL2) for the compulsory course in French as a Second Language.
The three other compulsory credits must include:
- 1 additional credit in English, or a third language, or social sciences and the humanities, or Canadian or world studies
- 1 additional credit in health and physical education, or the arts, or business studies
- 1 additional credit in science (Grade 11 or 12) or technological education.