Pathways to Achieve Student Success (PASS) is an exciting new education initiative involving eight Matawa First Nation schools. With funding provided through Aboriginal Affairs Canada’s First Nation Student Success Program (FNSSP) has three primary target areas: literacy, numeracy and student success. Assessing and tracking student achievement is a critical component of the new program and provides the foundation for data-informed decision-making in our schools and at the regional level.
School Success Plans
Using performance indicator and on-site school evaluations, the PASS! Staff along with principals, teachers and community members are working together to create school success plans unique to each community school. This is a working document that will enable schools to monitor key areas and assess whether targets have been met, as well as evaluate effectiveness of strategies. The School Success Plans will also enable schools to report concisely and clearly to the families and communities about progress being made by the school.
Student Learning Assessments
Matawa schools are all participating in the provincial standards testing process (EQAO) as well as a national standardized test (CAT 4). The data from these assessments will be used by the PASS Staff and school staff to determine student areas of strengths and weaknesses and plan for instructional strategies to improve student performance.
- Nick Shaver, PASS Administrator ______–E-mail: email@example.com
- Michael Knapaysweet, Community Liaison Worker_______—E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christine Avgeropoulos, Intermediate Lead_______-E-mail: email@example.com
- Kelly Soulias, Junior Lead _________- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shirley Fiddler, Mental Health Lead________________–E-mail: email@example.com
- Danielle Gibson, Parent-Student Engagement Lead________________–E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jayme Jensen, Student Nutrition Coordinator________________–E-mail: email@example.com
- Jordan Sturgeon, System Administrator _____________E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Pretulac, Database Helpdesk _____________E-mail: email@example.com
- Wayne Slipperjack, IT Technician ___________________—E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org